1. Preheat oven to broil, setting on medium heat.
2. Slice tomatoes in half horizontally. heat oil in a 8 inch non stick pan or skillet over medium high heat (oven proof). Once hot, add the garlic, stirring while it cooks for about one minute until fragrant. Add the tomato slices and basil. Continue cooking until the tomatoes are becoming slightly blistered and soft.
3. While the tomatoes are frying: whisk the eggs, milk and a pinch of salt together in a medium sized bowl until well combined. When tomatoes are ready, transfer HALF of the tomato mixture onto a warmed plate; cover and set aside.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the remaining tomatoes in the pan, stirring the tomatoes around through the eggs (for about 20 seconds) to mix the flavors through.
5. Reduce hat to low-medium; add in the spinach leaves and arrange the mozzarella slices evenly over top, pressing them down slightly into the egg, and cook until the eggs are almost set (the center will be slightly runny). It takes approximately 8 minutes.
6. Sprinkle the extra cheese over the top and transfer pan/skillet into the preheated oven. Broil until the top is golden, puffed up and cooked through. The edges and the bottom of the frittata will be golden.
7. To serve, warm the remaining tomatoes and basil mixture, and spool over the top. Drizzle with the balsamic glaze.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (146g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 112 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.4g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.6g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 432.1mg||133 %|
|Sodium 238.5mg||8 %|
|Potassium 221.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 2g|
|Protein 16.3g||23 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 186
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!