Cut red peppers into 12 large pieces.
Slice tomato and mozzarella to about an inch in diameter or into pieces of similar size.
Using fresh mozzarella cheese, slice into pieces about the same size as the tomato slices.
Pull basil leaves; Leave whole and do not cut.
1. In a small skillet, put in red pepper pieces.
2. Drizzle olive oil over peppers.
3. Sauté peppers over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes.
1. Start near the edge of a serving platter, place tomato slice, a basil leaf, a mozzarella slice, and a piece of sautéed red pepper in a circular patter, laying each piece on top of the next. Continue patter until the center of plate is reached by spiraling the pattern inward or all ingredients are used.
2. Drizzle with olive oil.
3. Sprinkle black pepper.
4. Sprinkle black olives on top.
Slicing tomato to appropriate size is easier if Roma Tomatoes are used as the ingredient.
Using fresh mozzarella from the deli section is usually already round or in round balls, which makes the slicing to the specifications easier, as well as makes the recipe taste much more fresh and light.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (195g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 74 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.2g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.7g||19 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 21.2mg||7 %|
|Sodium 376.1mg||13 %|
|Potassium 355.4mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.9g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.9g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 6.1g|
|Protein 9.6g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 144
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!