This is an improvement for the recipes already here on this site. It is a quicker, more potent version, designed for people on the go and is REALLY quick to prepare! Everyone who has ever tried it has gone "Wow!"
Serve it as part of an Antipasto spread, or with a selection of Cheeses (Hard and Soft), some sliced Peppercorn ham (available at the deli), and hot crusty French Baguette! Wash it down with a very cold Chardonnay or Sauvignon Blanc! Take my word, try it and you'll wonder why you even bother with cooking anything to follow!
1. Flatten Garlic with side of Cook's Knife and chop finely. Set aside.
2. Wash and prepare the Peppers by lopping off the top and bottom. Remove seed core and cut perpper into narrow strips.
3. Wash and drain (not dry) peppers and place into a cooking bag or covered microwave safe container. Grind some Sea Salt over the pepper strips, toss, and place in the microwave on "HIGH" for about 3 minutes.
4. Remove from Microwave, stir, and test for firmness.... the strips should be limp but not yet floppy. If not, replace in microwave to cook for one more minute.
5. When strips are limp, add Garlic, Olive oil and toss well. Cover and microwave on high for another 2 minutes. This should get the flaovers well mixed, and get the strips really soft and floppy.
6. Remove from Microwave and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve Warm or Cold. Keeps in an airtight container in the refrigerator for a week! Enjoy
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (43g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 153 (93%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 17g||23 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.3g||12 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 12.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 41.8mg||1 %|
|Potassium 87.7mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.2g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.4g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 2.8g|
|Protein 0.7g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 164
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.