1. Bring 1/4 Cup sugar and water to the boil. Stir to dissolve the sugar and then continue to boil until the mixture turns a pale golden brown.
2. Pour immediately into a pie dish, rotating the dish so that the caramel coats the bottom and sides. Be careful this is extremely hot!
3. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, vanilla and 1 tab sugar.
4. Warm milk and pour into egg mixture, stirring all the time.
5. Pour custard into pie dish.
6. Place pie dish in a baking tin pour water into baking tin until it comes half way up the sides of the pie dish. This is a Bain Marie.
7. Bake at 180° C for 40-50 minutes or until a knife blade, when inserted into the centre of the custard, comes out clean.
8. Allow to cool before unmoulding onto a plate that will catch the caramel sauce. Serve hot or cold.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (303g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 54 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 19.9mg||6 %|
|Sodium 8909.6mg||307 %|
|Potassium 402.8mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.8g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 12.8g|
|Protein 8.9g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 142
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!