1. Heat margarine in saucepan until melted.
2. Stir in brown sugar.
3. Heat to boiling, whisking constantly. Boil and stir over low heat, 2 minutes.
4. Stir in milk; heat to boiling.
5. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm (in only take a couple minutes). (After removing from heat, whisk until the frosting stops boiling before letting it sit.)
6. Place pan of frosting in bowl of ice and slowly add powdered sugar. Whisk until frosting is smooth and of spreading consistency. If frosting becomes too stiff, heat slightly, stirring constantly. (Note: I did this in two bowls that stack together. I put ice cubes in the bottom bowl, then pour the frosting mixture into the other bowl and put it inside the bowl of ice.)
7. Spread over cake. This should be a generous amount for a standard rectangle cake pan.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (409g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 832 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 92.4g||123 %|
|Saturated Fat 58.5g||293 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 24g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.5g|
|Cholesterol 245.3mg||75 %|
|Sodium 722.2mg||25 %|
|Potassium 344mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 276.3g||81 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 276.3g|
|Protein 1.7g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1891
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.