1. In a Dutch Oven or heavy bottoms skillet over medium-low heat, warm 2 TBS olive oil and 1 TBS unsalted butter. Add 2 thinly sliced red onions and cook stirring often, for about 10 minutes, or until the onions are softened and translucent.
2. Gradually stir in 1/2 cup dry red wine, 1/4 cup rice vinegar, 1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, and 1/4 tsp kosher salt.
3. Turn the heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 1 hour, or until thickened and syrup like.
4. Let cool for 20 to 30 minutes.
5. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Serve at room temperature on a cheese platter with pyrene Brebis, proscuittto, Marcona almonds, and a sliced baguette.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (25g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 10 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.2g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 3.1mg||1 %|
|Sodium 2.5mg||0 %|
|Potassium 27.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 5.9g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 5.9g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 43
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!