1. Cut codfish in large pieces and put in a pot with cold water. Soak overnight.
2. Change the water and let t cook on a medium burner, bringing it to a boil for one hour. Change water and reboil if too salty.
3. Drain and when cool separate with a fork and place in bowl. Make sure that the mixture is free from bones. Mix the green and red peppers, onions, scallions together and stir into codfish.
4. Add eggs. Sprinkle black pepper, papricka into the mixture.
5. Mix flour and baking poser together and add to codfish mixture, alternating with flour and water.
6.Before all of the flour mixture is added, combine hot peper with 1/4 cup or water and add to the mixture. Continue adding the flour and water. If too thick, add a little more water.
7. Put vegetable oil, not too deep, into a large frying pan, hear slowly to a temperature of 375-400. Using a tablespoon, spoon the mixture into hot oil in individual cakes. Turn over when golden brown on one sie, then brown on the other side. Keep adding oil.
8. Line a flat pan with paper towel and allow the cakes to drain. Makes 35-45 cakes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (359g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 6 (2%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.7g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 2.4mg||1 %|
|Sodium 69.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 205.1mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 73.1g||21 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.2g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 71.9g|
|Protein 2.7g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 299
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!