1. Add 1 tbsp ground cumin, garlic powder, paprika, chili powder, salt, onion powder, ground coriander, pepper and cayenne pepper to a sealable container or bag. Whisk together and set aside.
2. Add soy sauce, orange juice, lime juice, olive oil, brown sugar and liquid smoke to a large freezer bag and mix. Add 3 tbsp of spice mix and whisk. Add steak, squeeze out excess air, seal and coat evenly. Marinate in the fridge for 4-12 hours.
3. Mash avocados in a medium bowl to desired consistency. Fold in roma tomatoes, jalapenos, red onion, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, cumin, salt and pepper. Season as needed. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
4. When ready to grill, mix the remaining spice mix with 2 tbsp olive oil to create a wet rub.
5. Pat steaks dry with paper towel then rub wet rub all over steaks and let rest for 30 minutes.
6. Grease pan over high heat, add steak and turn down to medium heat. Grill steak for 5-6 sides per side.
7. Remove steak and let rest for 10 minutes.
8. Warm tortillas in the microwave until warm and pliable.
9. Assemble tacos by layering tortillas, steak, pico, guac, sour cream and cotija.
Serving: 2 tacos
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (662g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 221 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.6g||33 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.1g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.8g|
|Cholesterol 3.9mg||1 %|
|Sodium 563.6mg||19 %|
|Potassium 1992.2mg||52 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 61.6g||18 %|
|Dietary Fiber 17.5g||70 %|
|Sugars, other 44.1g|
|Protein 12.8g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 474
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!