1. In a medium bowl, stir together all ingredients.
2. Cover and chill.
Make fish cakes:
1. Line a large baking sheet with waxed paper.
2. Working in 2 batches, in food processor, pulse carp until coarsely ground (do not purée to paste).
3. Transfer to large bowl and add onion, cilantro, mayonnaise, egg, lemon juice and orange juice. Mix gently until well blended, then add matzoh meal, salt and pepper and mix gently until incorporated.
4. Using wet hands, roll mixture into 1 1/4 inch diameter balls and press in 1/2 inch thick patties. Arrange on baking sheet with additional waxed paper between each layer of patties.
5. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
6. In a large heavy skillet over high heat, heat 1/4 inch oil.
7. Working in batches (of 5) and adding more oil as needed, fry patties until brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
8. Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with sea salt while still hot.
9. Serve warm with sauce.
Carp is extremely bony, so even if you have an excellent fish monger, double check the fillets before grinding.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (119g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 122 (77%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.6g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 7mg||2 %|
|Sodium 163.4mg||6 %|
|Potassium 73.2mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.7g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 7.8g|
|Protein 1.1g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 159
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!