If you love the idea of cake for breakfast and working some veggies in too, this recipe is a must. It's really easy to make, and gives you the indulgence of carrot cake (complete with icing!) without the hassle or heavy feeling. It's the perfect start to your day.
1. In a small pot, heat the almond milk, lemon juice, and coconut cream on medium heat.
2. Stir in spices and salt until they're dissolved into the liquid.
3. Stir in grated carrot and oats; cook for about 8 minutes or until oats are soft.
4. Remove pot from heat, and stir in vanilla, maple syrup, and walnuts.
5. Serve with the topping ingredients and/or whatever else you want to make your carrot cake oatmeal amazing.
***Use just the cream off the top of a can of coconut milk or mix coconut butter with a bit of almond milk.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (218g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 79 (23%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.8g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.6g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.8g|
|Cholesterol 4.9mg||2 %|
|Sodium 235.5mg||8 %|
|Potassium 581.8mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 57.9g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 6.7g||27 %|
|Sugars, other 51.2g|
|Protein 9.9g||14 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 350
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!