1) Grease and flour a (18-22 cm) baking tin and preheat the oven to 175°C.
2) Mix nutmeg, sugar, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon together.
3) Stir in milk, vinegar, oil and apple sauce. Whisk quickly until the batter is smooth.
4) Fold in walnuts (if any) and stir in carrots.
5) Pour into the prepared tin and bake in the middle of the oven for 40-50 minutes at 175°C, or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Let the cake cool before covering with frosting.
1) Whisk the butter and coconut oil till the mixture is fluffy.
2) Add the powdered sugar to taste and whisk for a few minutes to get the frosting light and fluffy.
3) Optional: add the lemon zest and a little lemon juice to taste.
You get the best result if the cake rests on rack under a kitchen towel (not tightly covered) over night or for a few hours to let it cool completely. Cover with frosting in the morning or after a few hours.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (894g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 926 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 102.9g||137 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.6g||38 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 69.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 19.5g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 5500.6mg||190 %|
|Potassium 1967.1mg||52 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 315.9g||93 %|
|Dietary Fiber 57g||228 %|
|Sugars, other 258.9g|
|Protein 57.6g||82 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2272
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!