1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F)
2. Grease large bundt pan
3. In large bowl with electric mixer on low, blend oil and sugar; add egg yolks one at a time beating after each addition; beat in hot water
4. In separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and spices; gradually add to sugar mixture beating well after each addition
5. Stir in carrots, nuts and cereal
6. In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter
7. Bake at 350 for 60 to 70 minutes
8. Cool 15 minutes, invert onto wire rack to cool completely; place on plate and garnish with sprinkle of powdered sugar, lemon glaze (mix of confectioners sugar milk, lemon zest/juice), or cinnamon glaze (mix of confectioners sugar, milk and cinnamon)
Cut 6" waxed paper circle. Lightly grease 4 qt round microwave proof dish. Place waxed paper on bottom, grease top of paper. grease outside of 2.5 inch diameter microwave proof glass, place closed end down in center of dish. Prepare batter as above, pour into dish around glass. Microwave on high 13 - 14 min, rotating 1/2 turn every 4 minutes. cool in pan 15 minutes, remove glass, invert onto rack to cool completely.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (156g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 340 (75%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 37.8g||50 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.3g||51 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 7.4g|
|Cholesterol 36.9mg||11 %|
|Sodium 134.5mg||5 %|
|Potassium 213.7mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.3g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 23.4g|
|Protein 5.3g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 455
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!