1. Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. When hot, add the oil, then onion. Cook and stir 5 minutes, until onion begins to soften.
2. Add carrots, broth and ginger; bring to a simmer, then reduce heat to low.
3. Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes, until the carrots are completely tender.
4. Using a blender or a food processor, carefully puree in batches and return to the pot, thinning with extra broth or milk, if needed.
5. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (359g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 44 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.9g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.7g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 357.1mg||12 %|
|Potassium 543.2mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.2g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 11.8g|
|Protein 2.9g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 121
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!