1) Boil a large pot of salted water and add carrots and garlic. Cook until carrots are tender. Drain.
2) Heat Oil in a small heavy pan. Add onion and cook until soft. (~7min)
3) Add cumin, caraway and salt to taste.
4) Add cooked carrots and garlic and cook for a few minutes more.
5) Off the heat mash with a potato masher into coarse puree
6) Add lemon just and salt to taste.
7) Garnish with cilantro.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (187g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 10 (12%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.1g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 118.9mg||4 %|
|Potassium 580.7mg||15 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.5g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.1g||20 %|
|Sugars, other 13.5g|
|Protein 1.9g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 85
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.