* Combine 3 eggs, 1 cup of oil (or use apple sauce or a combination), 2 cups sugar (I reduced this by about a third), 2 teaspoons vanilla. Beat together until thick and foamy
* In the cuisinart shred about 2 zucchini and 3 carrots so that you pretty well fill up a 9 cup cuisnart. Squeeze well to remove excess moisture and then stir into the to the mixture above.
* Add 1 can of well drained crushed pineapple (Crushed is much better than cubes as no one notices them if they are crushed.)
* In a seperate bowl, combine the dry ingredients: 1 teaspoon salt, 3 cups flour (or substitute 1.5 cups white and 1.5 wheat flour), 2 teaspoons baking soda, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1.5 teaspoons cinnamon, 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
* Mix dry ingredients into the wet mixture, but don?t stir too much because it will make the muffins too heavy. (I usually stop using the mixer at this point and mix by hand.)
* If you like, add 1c nuts and 1 c. raisins (My kids aren?t fans of these at all.)
* Bake at about 350 for 15 - 25 minutes until they spring back in the center and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Reduce the baking time for mini muffins.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (2933g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 722 (10%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 80.2g||107 %|
|Saturated Fat 24.5g||123 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 29.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 12.4g|
|Cholesterol 3172.5mg||976 %|
|Sodium 3926mg||135 %|
|Potassium 3168mg||83 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1533.3g||451 %|
|Dietary Fiber 25.6g||102 %|
|Sugars, other 1507.7g|
|Protein 140.4g||201 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 7280
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!