1. Pastry: Using Cuisinart, combine flour, sugar and lemon zest. Process to mix. Add butter, and pulse in until the mixture resembles coarse meal. In a small bowl whisk together the yolks and ice water until blended. Gradually pour into the flour mixture and process just until the dough begins together together. Form the dough into a ball and flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or for up to 1 day.
2. Butter a tart pan 11 inches in diameter with a removable bottom. Roll the dough disk between sheets of waxed paper into a round 1/8 inch thick. Peel off the paper and press the pastry gently into the pan. Trim the edges even with the rim. Pierce the crust in a few places with a fork. Freeze for at least 30 minutes or cover and freeze for up to 3 days.
3. Preheat an oven to 400 degrees. Bake the crust until golden brown, about 18 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely, then place on a baking sheet. Reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees.
4. To make the filling, in a saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, brown sugar and honey; stir until the sugar dissolves. Raise the heat to high and whisk until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil without stirring until large bubbles form, about 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in the almonds, walnuts, cashews and cream. Immediately pour into the crust.
5. Bake until the filling bubbles, about 20 minutes. Transfer to the rack to cool for about 30 minutes. Remove the pan sides and cool the tart completely. Transfer to a plate and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (100g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 465 (84%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 51.7g||69 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.4g||92 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 10.1g|
|Cholesterol 116.1mg||36 %|
|Sodium 1374.2mg||47 %|
|Potassium 329.5mg||9 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 18.3g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 13.7g|
|Protein 11.5g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 555
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!