Cashew Tart Dough:
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Place the dry ingredients into a bowl and stir to incorporate (GF flour through salt).
3. In another container, add all the wet ingredients and stir (cashew milk through vanilla extract).
4. Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir until the dough comes together.
5. Press the dough into a 9-inch pie or tart pan, pressing from the center and up onto the sides until the dough is evenly distributed into the pan.
6. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
7. Bake the crust for 25 minutes.
Chocolate Pie Filling:
1. Pour the coconut milk into a saucepan and place on medium to low heat.
2. Once it starts to bubble, start whisking in the cocoa, agave, vanilla, and salt.
3. Add the pumpkin and then while still whisking, pour in the corn starch water mixture.
4. Now add the chocolate chips and stir until they are all melted.
5. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
Allow the crust to cool completely before pouring in the filling. You can eat it right away or refrigerate the pie until ready to serve.
Serve with a drizzle of coconut cream.
Chocolate pie filling:
This also works well as a frosting for cupcakes or as a pudding on it's own.
Add more corn starch to make a thicker pudding (about 2 T).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (134g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 330 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.6g||49 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.4g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 19.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.3g|
|Cholesterol 7.3mg||2 %|
|Sodium 105.9mg||4 %|
|Potassium 206.8mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 43.7g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 39.9g|
|Protein 3.3g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 518
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.