1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Place the roast on a paper towel-lined plate. Allow the roast to come up to room temperature, about 1 hour.
3) Pat the roast dry on all sides with paper towels. Sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
4) Place a cast-iron skillet over high heat. Add the oil and heat until shimmering. Carefully lay the roast in the hot oil, being mindful that the oil may pop. Sear the roast until evenly browned and deeply seared on all sides, about 3 minutes per side. Turn off the heat and pour 1 cup beef stock into the skillet. Add the garlic clove, and surround the roast with the rosemary and thyme sprigs.
5) Transfer the skillet to the oven and roast, 45-60 minutes, depending on the desired doneness (for medium rare, 130 degrees, about 50 minutes). Transfer the roast to a cutting board. Discard the garlic cloves and herbs. Tent the roast with aluminum foil while creating the pan sauce.
6) Place the skillet back on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the shallot, red wine, and remaining 1/2 cup beef stock and simmer, simmering occasionally, until the shallots have softened and the liquid has reduced in volume by half, about 5 minutes. Stir in heavy cream and mustard and cook just until a thin sauce comes together, and 2 minutes more.
7) Slice the rested roast thinly and place on a serving platter. Serve warm with a drizzle of the sauce and a sprinkle with fresh parsley.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (295g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 496 (70%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 55.2g||74 %|
|Saturated Fat 22.9g||114 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 23.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 167.9mg||52 %|
|Sodium 218.5mg||8 %|
|Potassium 813.7mg||21 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.4g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 3g|
|Protein 40.6g||58 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 711
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.