1. Prepare all ingredients (eggs and butter at room temperature, separate eggs). Preheat oven to 170*C / 325*F
2. In a large mixing bowl, use mixer or whisk to beat butter for 3 minutes. Then add in sugar, egg whites, and salt and mix together until everything is well blended.
3. Sift flour into the bowl, using a whisk or mixer to mix on medium-low speed. Pour vanilla extract in and mix. "Avoid over-mixing after adding flour."
4. Toast almonds if they are not crunchy. Stir 1/3 of the almonds into the dough mixture. Use a spoon to spread the dough out on a metal baking sheet into long oval shapes, about 2 inches long and 1 inch wide. Place the rest of the almonds evenly over the dough.
5. Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake for 5 min to 8 min, or until dough turns lightly golden brown on the edges. When finished baking, take this batch out for cooling and put another batch in. This recipe makes about 3 batches. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (7g)|
|Recipe Makes: 40 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 22 (63%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.4g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.5g||8 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 6.4mg||2 %|
|Sodium 0.4mg||0 %|
|Potassium 1mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 3.5g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 35
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!