1. Preheat the oven to 375?. Cut three 3/4 inch thick enter slices from the head of cauliflower to form "steaks". Reserve the remaining califlower for another use.
2. In a sauce pan of boling saltec water, cook the corn until lender about 3 minutes. drain and cool, then cut the kernals from the cobs.
3. In a medium skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil. Add the chile and cook over moderately high heat for 30 seconds. Add the scallions and cook until softened. About 1 minute. stir in the corn and season with salt and black pepper.
4. In a large, nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil until shimmering. Add 3 cauliflower steaks and season with salt. Cook over moderate heat until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side; transger to a large rimmed baking sheet.
5. Press the corn-scallion mixture into the space between the cauliflower florets. bake the cauliflower steaks for 25 minutes, until tender and richly browned.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (196g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 59 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.5g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.9g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 50652.6mg||1747 %|
|Potassium 178.2mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 8.5g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 7.1g|
|Protein 1.6g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 92
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!