Preheat Oven to 375 Degrees
1. Cook the cauliflower florets in a large pot of boiling salted water for 5 to 6 minutes, until tender but still firm. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add the flour, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon for 2 minutes
3. Pour the hot milk into the butter-flour mixture and stir until it comes to a boil. Boil, whisking constantly, for 1 minute, or until thickened.
4. Off the heat, add 1 teaspoon of salt, the pepper, nutmeg, 1/2 cup of the Cheddar, and the Parmesan.
5. Pour 1/3 of the sauce on the bottom of an 8 by 11 by 2-inch baking dish. Place the drained cauliflower on top and then spread the rest of the sauce evenly on top..
6. Combine the bread crumbs with the remaining 1/4 cup of Cheddar and sprinkle on top. Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and drizzle over the gratin.
7. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until the top is browned. Serve hot or at room temperature.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (393g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 848 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 94.2g||126 %|
|Saturated Fat 58.1g||290 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 25.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 4.4g|
|Cholesterol 264.9mg||81 %|
|Sodium 1898.4mg||65 %|
|Potassium 488.1mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 66.5g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.5g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 63g|
|Protein 54.6g||78 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1329
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!