1. Melt the butter in a saucepan.
2. Take off the heat gradually stir in the flour, to make a smooth paste.
3. Once all the flour has been mixed in and you have a paste mixture, place back on the heat and cook stirring for a few minutes.
4. Remove from heat and cool for a few minutes. Meanwhile Grate the cheese and measure one pint of milk into a jug.
5. When the mixture has cooled, very slowly and very gradually add milk and stir into the mixture.
6. When all the milk has been added (and do not be in a hurry to do this!!!! Or it will go lumpy) place back on a gentle heat and stir until sauce thickens and comes to the boil.
7. Meanwhile cook Bacon
8. Simmer gently for a few minutes and then add cheese, bacon and season to taste.
9. Remove from heat and leave to one side.
10. Put cauliflower in a pan and pour on boiling water. Then bring back to boil and cover, leave for 10 minutes or until “al dente”, whichever comes first.
11. Whilst cooking the cauliflower heat oven to 190 degrees.
12. When Cauliflower is cooked arrange in a dish, storks pointing downwards, then pour cheese sauce over the top and sprinkle with grated cheese.
13. Place in oven for 30-40 minutes until top is nicely bubbling and golden brown.
Once complete, serving with or without another vegetable it optional.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (840g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1006 (80%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 111.8g||149 %|
|Saturated Fat 55.1g||275 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 38.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.1g|
|Cholesterol 250.9mg||77 %|
|Sodium 1713mg||59 %|
|Potassium 1532.6mg||40 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.9g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.4g||29 %|
|Sugars, other 20.6g|
|Protein 41g||59 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1263
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!