1) heat the butter and oil in a medium pan. Add the celery, onion, seasoning and then cook for 8-10 min, storing frequently until tender.
2) pour in enough stock to cover and simmer for 5 mins. Remove from the heat and allow to slightly cool.
3) in a blender puree with 100g of Stilton.
4) for the Stilton toast mix the Stilton 240g with the creme fraiche and the chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper.
5) lightly toast the bread on both sides. Spread the Stilton mix and place under grill until the cheese is melting
6) pour soup into bowl and serve with the toast.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (169g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 266 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.6g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.2g||91 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.4g|
|Cholesterol 71.8mg||22 %|
|Sodium 1631.8mg||56 %|
|Potassium 383.5mg||10 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.1g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 37g|
|Protein 26.2g||37 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 525
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!