1. Fry bacon. Dab with paper towel to remove excess grease. Cut or tear into small pieces. Set aside.
2. Cook Andouille Sausage according to packaging instructions. Dice and set aside with bacon.
3. Cut raw stew meat into small chunks.
4. Place ground beef and stew meat in large pot and cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the stew meat is no longer pink and the ground beef is evenly browned. Drain meat. Set aside (with bacon and sausage) in a separate bowl.
5. Reduce heat to medium and stir onion, garlic, habanero pepper, green pepper, and red pepper into the same large pot (there should be enough leftover grease from the meat that you should not need to add any oil). Cook and stir until the onion is soft and translucent in color (probably about 5 minutes).
6. Add tomato sauce, cumin, beef mixture (ground beef, sausage, bacon, and stew meat), diced tomatoes, cannellini beans, pinto beans, butter beans, salt, and pepper to the pot with the onion and pepper mixture.
7. Bring to a boil over high heat (mixture is thick, so stir frequently so that it does not burn on the bottom). Then reduce heat to low and simmer for 2-4 hours.
8. Serve with sour cream (if desired).
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1159g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 951 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 105.7g||141 %|
|Saturated Fat 56.9g||285 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 36.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5g|
|Cholesterol 383.4mg||118 %|
|Sodium 1482.2mg||51 %|
|Potassium 3486mg||92 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 102g||30 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.1g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 101.9g|
|Protein 94.5g||135 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1730
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!