1. Stir the yeast into the warm water and set aside.
2. Place the milk, sugar, salt, butter, eggs and flour into the bread machine.
3. Place the yeast on top.
4. Run breadmachines dough setting.
5. Remove dough, punch down. separate into three equal balls.
6. Roll into ropes less than 2 inces thick.
7. On buttered baking sheet, pinch one end of the ropes together and braid.
8. Tuck end under the loaf.
9. Brush with reserved egg nd sprinkle liberally with poppy seeds (or sesame).
10. Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes until browned.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (76g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 77 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.6g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.2g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.5g|
|Cholesterol 46.5mg||14 %|
|Sodium 54.5mg||2 %|
|Potassium 99.8mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.6g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.9g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 36.8g|
|Protein 7.4g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 262
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.