1) Place 3 cups flour in bowl, make a well in the center and add 1/4 cup water.
2) Sprinkle yeast and 1 Tbs sugar, sitr gently
3) Let stand 15 minutes then add remaining sugar, water, eggs, oil and salt and stir into a shaggy dough.
4) Knead dough 5-8 minutes, dusting with flour. Dough will be smooth and springy, but not dry.
5) Let dough rise in greased bowl until doubled in bult, 2 hours. Do not allow dough to rise over double.
6) Deflate dough and let rise an additional hour.
7) Deflate dough and divide into 2 portions, futher divide each into 3 portions and roll into ropes.
8) Braid ropes, tuck ends, and place dough on parchment lined baking sheet.
9) Brush with egg glaze and let rise until almost doubled, 40 minutes (3/4 proof)
10) Preheat oven to 350. Brush loaves again with egg glaze. Bake 40-45 minutes, until golden brown and sound hollow when tapped.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (129g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 60 (25%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.8g||9 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 194.6mg||60 %|
|Sodium 321mg||11 %|
|Potassium 139.9mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 34.5g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.6g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 32.9g|
|Protein 10.6g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 243
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.