1) In a medium saucepan, melt butter and saute potatoes, turning to coat.
2) Stir in the chives and just enough water to keep potatoes from sticking to the pan.
3) Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are done; check periodically and add a little water as needed to prevent potatoes from scorching.
4) Fry up the oats ( I use about 1 cup) in butter mix with the bacon
5) Mash potatoes in the pot (no need to drain); stir in salt and pepper to taste, and the sour cream.
6) Serve Champit Tatties hot and garnish with parsley and top with skirlie - the oats and bacon mixture.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (279g)|
|Recipe Makes: 5 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 51 (20%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.7g||8 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.5g||17 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 14.7mg||5 %|
|Sodium 51mg||2 %|
|Potassium 1118.9mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45.4g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.9g||24 %|
|Sugars, other 39.5g|
|Protein 5.8g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 250
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.