1. Wash jasmine rice and glutinous rice three times. Then, cook in rice cooker for one hour.
2. While rice is cooking, saute 1/2 onion (diced) with olive oil. When rice is finished cooking, toast rice with onions.
1. Wash chicken thighs thoroughly. Put chicken thighs with 6-8 cups water and 1 peeled onion (if you prefer more soup in your congee, then use more water; if you prefer it to be thicker, then use less water.). Pour salt in broth. Bring to boil.
2. Cover pot and cook over medium-high heat for approximately 1 hour.
3. Remove chicken thighs once cooked through and tear apart into pieces with fork.
4. Pour cooked rice into the pot and stir to ensure rice does not stick to the bottom.
5. Bring back to boil and cook for 5 minutes.
6. Cover pot, turn off heat, and let pot sit for 45 minutes to an hour. The rice will expand and soak up the water.
7. After letting sit, bring back to boil and cook over medium-high heat for 15 more minutes, making sure to continuously stir rice so that it does not stick to bottom.
8. Add fish sauce (to taste).
To serve, pour chao into bowl and serve with pieces of pulled chicken, black pepper, and garnished with green onions or fried shallots.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (139g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 67 (30%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.4g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.1g||11 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 39.5mg||12 %|
|Sodium 157.3mg||5 %|
|Potassium 195.5mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 25.9g|
|Protein 10.6g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 221
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!