1. Heat cream and half-and-half in a large sauce pot on medium heat until mixture begins to simmer. Add the salt and the pepper
2. While cream is heating, remove seeds from jalapenos and finely dice them. Remove the skin from the onion and dice the onion into small pieces. Place the jalapenos and the onion into a large heat-proof mixing bowl.
3. When cream mixture is very hot, but not boiling, pour over the onion and jalapeno mixture and stir. Add the cheese and blend until melted.
4. Pour sliced potatoes into cheese mixture and stir well to coat. Pour mixture into Dutch Oven or 9×12 casserole. If using a casserole dish, cover the dish with plastic wrap and then again with foil.
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 45 minutes. Remove foil and plastic wrap and bake for 10 to 15 minutes more.
6. If baking in a Dutch Oven, cover with lid and place coals on top and bottom according to size and bake for 1 hour. Place new coals on top of Dutch Oven and bake for 10-15 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (351g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 255 (51%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 28.4g||38 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.8g||89 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 93.6mg||29 %|
|Sodium 342.6mg||12 %|
|Potassium 1094.2mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.1g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.4g||22 %|
|Sugars, other 38.7g|
|Protein 18.5g||26 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 499
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!