* Combine Jiffy, cheese, garlic, salt, and milk into a soft dough(4)
* Set rack in oven to center position(5) and to a temperature of 450 Fahrenheit
* Grab your mid-size flat-bottom casserole dish(6).
* Throw(7) butter into casserole dish
* While oven is still preheating, place casserole dish on center rack
* Remove casserole dish when butter is melted. Roughly 3 minutes, watch closely
* Drop dough by spoonful into casserole dish. Goal is to have the biscuits evenly spaced in the melted butter with roughly 1/2 inch between each biscuit(8)
* Bake 10-12 minutes
* Top with green flakes of your choice
* Let cool for a minute. Serve warm-to-hot(9)
1. I love garlic. The more the better
2. Unsalted butter preferred. If you use salted butter, cut the salt in the dough. Absolutely no margarine; it's bad for you
3. I forget which spice I really like on these, maybe parsley or sage. Or maybe just the generic "Italian seasoning" bottle. I pick spices based on smell. Best to pick spice while smelling the dish cook, in the last few minutes of baking
4. I use a large steel bowl, and a large plastic spoon. If you try any of the following to mix, let me know the results: hand mixer, stand mixer, hair dryer
5. Center perfectly, use a ruler if necessary
6. Casserole dish should be roughly 100 square inches and roughly 2 inches deep. The casserole between 8x8 and 9x13, but either one of these will work in a pinch. And I prefer the solid color ceramic / stoneware to clear or colored glass, just as to not burn the butter as easily
7. Be sure butter makes it to at least 15mph when throwing. Alternatively, chop up the butter into a few blocks to melt faster
8. Still have that ruler handy?
9. Never serve cold. Reheat them in a towel in the microwave if you have to
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (34g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 104 (83%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.5g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.3g||37 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 33.6mg||10 %|
|Sodium 147.4mg||5 %|
|Potassium 36.1mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.9g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.9g|
|Protein 4.6g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 125
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.