1) Prepare! Preheat oven to 220 degrees Celsius, lightly grease a loaf tin line bottom only with baking paper.
2) Make the dough. Combine flour and Parmesan in large bowl. Add cream, 1 cup of milk and 1 tablespoon oil and combine until it forms a soft dough. I use my hands but its very sticky and the original recipe suggests a flat knife. Add more milk if its too dry.
Turn out onto lightly floured surface and knead gently until dough comes together.
3) Make the filling. Combine basil, parsley and feta in a bowl.
4) Assemble! Divide dough into 7 even portions (mine are very rough). Roll each portion into 10 x 18cm rectangle. Spread basil mixture evenly over each rectangle of dough. Roll up the rectangles, starting from the long edge to enclose filling. Cut in half crossways and place side my side in the loaf tin. Brush top of loaf with remaining oil and sprinkle with sea salt flakes.
5) Bake! for 38 - 40 minutes (i have the oldest oven in the world so I actually bake it for 45 minutes) or until golden and cooked through.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (148g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 302 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 33.5g||45 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.4g||72 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 11.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.4g|
|Cholesterol 73.3mg||23 %|
|Sodium 1482.5mg||51 %|
|Potassium 165.4mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.8g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 36.3g|
|Protein 10.8g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 494
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.