Making the crepe:
1. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs and salt.
2. Add in the flour and water. Mix until no there are no lumps.
3. Add in milk and butter. Mix until smooth.
Cooking the crepe:
1. Heat a non-stick pan at medium high heat.
2. Spread a thin layer of batter in the pan and cook until solid.
3. Flip the crepe and cook for 10 secs.
Making the filling:
1. In a mixing bowl, blend together farmers cheese, egg, vanilla and sugar until combined.
Preparing the blintz:
1. Place 2 tablespoons of filling in the center of a crepe. Mold filling into log form.
2. Fold the crepe like an envelope. (Fold bottom flap over the filling. Fold in the left and right sides 1/4 in. Finally roll the crepe over.)
3. In a buttered pan, fry both sides of the blintz until golden brown.
Top blintz with sour cream or marmalade.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (227g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 211 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 23.5g||31 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.3g||72 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1g|
|Cholesterol 70.6mg||22 %|
|Sodium 2729.4mg||94 %|
|Potassium 209.9mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 44.2g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 44.2g|
|Protein 24.9g||36 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 484
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!