1. Heat the oven to 220C/425F/Gas 7. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
2. Mix together the flour, salt and Mustard powder, then rub in the butter.
3. Stir in the cheese and Thyme, then the milk to get a soft dough.
4. Turn on to a floured work surface and knead very lightly. Pat out to a round 2cm/¾in thick. Use a 5cm/2in cutter to make rounds and place on the baking sheet. Lightly knead together the rest of the dough and stamp out more scones to use it all up.
5. Brush the tops of the scones with a little milk. sprinkle with grated cheese. Bake for 18-20 minutes until well risen and golden. Cool on a wire rack.
makes about 10-12
The herbs used can be varied.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (42g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 63 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.3g||21 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 19mg||6 %|
|Sodium 386.1mg||13 %|
|Potassium 47.6mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.3g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 16.7g|
|Protein 4g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 149
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.