1. Brown the ground beef in 3 quart saucepan. Drain and set aside.
2. In the same saucepan, add 1 T butter and add onion, shredded carrots, parsley flakes, basil and celery. Saute until tender.
3. Add the broth, potatoes and beef and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
4. In small skillet, melt remaining butter (3 T) and add the flour. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to the soup and bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low.
5. Stir in the cheese, milk, salt and pepper. Cook and stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat and blend in sour cream.
Recipe Adapted from Taste of Home~Alyssa.
Photo and recipe copied from therecipecritic.com.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Servings~Appx. (6|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 711 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 79g||105 %|
|Saturated Fat 23.8g||119 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 32.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15.2g|
|Cholesterol 386.4mg||119 %|
|Sodium 385.1mg||13 %|
|Potassium 1450.8mg||38 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.6g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 17.1g|
|Protein 98.6g||141 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1208
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.