1. Bring the water to a bowl in a medium size pot. Season with salt.
2. Slowly whisk in the polenta, reduce heat to low, and simmer the polenta for about 30 minutes or until tender. Whisk every so often, scrapping stuck bits of polenta off the pot's bottom and sides.
3. When the polenta is nearly done, brown the butter in a medium size skillet. Fry both of the eggs to your liking in the brown butter, adding the garlic when the eggs have 1 minute left to cook.
4. Remove 2 tablespoons of the brown butter from the skillet and stir into the polenta, along with 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese.
5. Scoop the polenta into two serving bowls, then top each bowl with a fried egg, half of the tomatoes, half of the remaining Parmesan and half of the parsley. Add black pepper, red pepper flakes and salt to taste. Enjoy!
You can salt the water before boiling if you wish. The butter and cheese are salty, so I prefer to leave this step out.
You'll probably have some extra cooked polenta. Scoop the leftover portion into an oiled loaf pan and refrigerate. You can slice the loaf and fry for another tasty dinner.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (260g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 319 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 35.4g||47 %|
|Saturated Fat 18.4g||92 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 490.8mg||151 %|
|Sodium 727.4mg||25 %|
|Potassium 285.6mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 58g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.7g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 53.4g|
|Protein 29.1g||42 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 674
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.