1) In a small bowl, beat the eggs and egg yolks with a whisk until they are well blended, then stir in 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese. Set aside.
2) Heat a large ovenproof serving bowl in a 200 degree oven. At the same time, bring 6-8 quarters of water and salt to a boil in a large pot. Drop the spaghetti into the boiling water and stir with a wooden spoon to be sure the strands don't stick to one another. Cook, stirring occasionally, about 7-12 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, fry bacon and polska in a large skillet over medium heat until crisp. Pour off about half the bacon fat and stir in red pepper and cream to bacon. Bring the cream to a simmer and keep it warm until the spaghetti is done.
4) When the spaghetti is cooked, drain it thoroughly in a large colander. Transfer the spaghetti to the heated serving bowl and stir in the softened butter, tossing and turning the spaghetti with tongs to coat every strand. Then stir in the hot bacon, polska and cream mixture and finally the beaten eggs and cheese, mixing everything together thoroughly. The heat of the pasta and other ingredients should cook the raw egg on contact. Taste and season with garlic salt and a few grinds of black pepper to taste.
5) Add Italian Cheese to top and serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (499g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1097 (79%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 121.9g||162 %|
|Saturated Fat 46g||230 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 51.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 13.7g|
|Cholesterol 913.1mg||281 %|
|Sodium 4043.2mg||139 %|
|Potassium 430.3mg||11 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.6g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 11.6g|
|Protein 62.6g||89 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1394
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!