I usually double this recipe to make double the sauce to 4 bunches of kale. (The original recipe calls for this much sauce for just 1 bunch of kale but I like to use twice the kale to sauce ratio.)
1. Soak cashews (2-3 hours). * Cashews can be replaced by other similar nuts or seeds. *
2. Strip kale leaves off the spines (discard the spines). Tear leaves into bite-size pieces. Wash thoroughly in cold water & spin dry. Put in very large bowl & set aside.
3. To make the SAUCE: Put all ingredients except kale into Vitamix or high-powered blender and mix on high until smooth & creamy. (Use tamper to mix or stop and scrape down sides as needed, then blend again. This mixture should be thick and creamy. If needed, add 1 tbsp water at a time until it will blend well. )
4. Pour the sauce mixture over the bowl of kale pieces and mix by hand, massaging into all the kale evenly.
5. Spread out on dehydrator sheets and dehydrate on low temp (around 105 - 110 F) for a several hours, until crispy. (You can also put it in the oven on the lowest temp but it won't be 'raw'.)
6. Store in airtight container or ziplock with a stay-fresh pack to keep them crispy (I save these from shoe boxes, bottles of vitamins, etc. ). Enjoy!! :)
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (190g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 26 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.9g||4 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 32.9mg||1 %|
|Potassium 1390.8mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 29.9g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.3g||57 %|
|Sugars, other 15.6g|
|Protein 22.7g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 206
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!