1) Bring the water to a boil in a large, heavy pot. Add the salt.
2) Gradually whisk in the cornmeal.
3) Reduce the heat to low and cook, stirring often, until the mixture thickens and the cornmeal is tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
4) Remove the pot from the heat.
5) Add the cheese, milk, butter, and parsley. Stir until the butter and cheese have melted. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
6) Transfer the polenta to a bowl and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (367g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 166 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.5g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.4g||52 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 42.9mg||13 %|
|Sodium 121.7mg||4 %|
|Potassium 233.5mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 54.5g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 49.3g|
|Protein 7.9g||11 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 405
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.