1. Brown sausage in a large skillet, remove from pan and set aside. If using a low-fat sausage like turkey, brown in a tbsp of olive oil.
2. Drain all but 1 tbsp of fat from the skillet and sauté the peppers and onions over medium heat until just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
3. Add rice and stir until grains start to turn golden, about 3 minutes.
4. Pour chicken broth and Worcestershire sauce into the rice, add salt and beans. Stir and bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and cover.
5. Cook for 20 minutes (adjust time based on the rice used). Remove from heat and stir in sausage and cheese. Mixture will be thin but will thicken as it cools.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1047g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1323 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 147g||196 %|
|Saturated Fat 41.9g||210 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 60.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 32g|
|Cholesterol 746.1mg||230 %|
|Sodium 1539.6mg||53 %|
|Potassium 1979.5mg||52 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.7g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 6g|
|Protein 184.1g||263 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2132
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.