1. Saute the onion in olive oil for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the broccoli and saute for 3 minutes more.
3. Stir in the garlic and saute 1 more minute, then add the black pepper, nutmeg and red pepper flakes. Remove from heat.
4. In a separate medium size pot, melt the butter.
5. Whisk the flour into the melted butter and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring continulously over medium-low heat.
6. Slowly whisk the milk into the butter mixture and whisk for about 5 minutes, or until the milk has begun to thicken.
7. Stir the broccoli mixture into the milk mixture and simmer for about 10 minutes with the lid on, or until the broccoli is tender.
8. Remove form heat and blend with a hand blender until the soup is mostly creamy. Stir in the cheeses.
9. Garnish with cheese and red pepper flakes, if you like. Enjoy!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (348g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 115 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 12.8g||17 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.4g||32 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.7g|
|Cholesterol 27.2mg||8 %|
|Sodium 320.1mg||11 %|
|Potassium 690.5mg||18 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 22.3g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.7g||11 %|
|Sugars, other 19.6g|
|Protein 12.9g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 248
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.