from tracy childs: ove a creamy and very flavorful dressing. This one fits the bill! I put it on massaged kale, orange peppers, avocado, lettuce, arugula, red cabbage, fennel, and white beans, but any salad would be enhanced by it. Since this is so tasty, you might want to double the recipe and keep more in the refrigerator. You can also put it over steamed veggies, baked potatoes, or brown rice and vegetables, or you can even marinate tofu in it.
1. Soak the date(s) in the water for 15-30 minutes, using warm water if you are in a hurry.
2. Combine the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, except for the herbs.
3. Put the dates and the water in a blender along with the garlic and lemon/lime juice and blend to chop the date and the garlic.
4. Add the bowl of the other ingredients and blend.
5. Add the herbs and blend briefly to chop finely and incorporate.
6. Add more water to desired consistency, and blend for a few seconds.
7. Serve, or refrigerate for up to one week.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (38g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 41 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.6g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.6g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 9mg||0 %|
|Potassium 256.1mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.8g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.7g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 3.1g|
|Protein 5.8g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 82
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!