Pizzeria Uno and Pizzeria Due
1. Generously brush a heavy 10 x 2-inch round cake pan or 10-inch springform pan with olive oil or cooking oil. I use the same dark round (almost black) baking pan as they use in the restaurants, it gives a much better crust.
2. In large mixer bowl, sprinkle yeast into warm water. Stir till dissolved. Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the flour; the 1/3 cup oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Beat at low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly. Beat for 2 minutes at high speed, scraping bowl often. Stir in as much of the remaining flour as you can.
3. Cover, let rise in warm place till double. Punch down. Let rest 5 minutes.
4. Turn dough into pan. Using oiled hands, spread dough evenly over bottom and partially up sides of pan. Cover; let rise till nearly double, about 30 minutes.
5. Arrange cheese slices in 1/4-inch thick layer on dough. Gently press sausage on cheese. Using hands, gently crush tomatoes into small pieces atop sausage. Sprinkle with herbs and Parmesan (I use Pecorino Romano).
6. Bake in a 500(F) degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or till edges of the crust are crisp and golden brown. If desired, sprinkle the pizza with sliced mushrooms or chopped green pepper during the last few minutes of baking time. let the pizza stand 5 to 10 minutes before cutting.
Makes 4 to 6 servings. The pizza yeast is great from Williams-Sonoma. It makes a great crust. I use only Bertolli Extra-Light Olive oil, because it doesnt have a real heavy olive oil taste. If you can, use a good Italian Parmesan or Pecorino Romano Cheese. I had no trouble finding one in Philadelphia, but here in Texas I can only find it at Whole Foods. Its called Locatelli Romano. It s the same one I used in Chicago and Philli. Buy it in a wedge, and grate it fresh everytime you use it. Posted to recipelu-digest Volume 01 Number 551 by QueenBerta
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (202g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 224 (42%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.9g||33 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.7g||53 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.4g|
|Cholesterol 65.9mg||20 %|
|Sodium 646.3mg||22 %|
|Potassium 241.7mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 49.9g||15 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 47.9g|
|Protein 26.4g||38 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 536
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.