1) Place all ingredients (except for the rice) in a large ziplock bag, seal, and jostle around to coat chicken thighs. Marinate for 3 hours before cooking.
2) Heat a small stockpot (or small skillet with high sides) over medium-high heat. When hour, pour the ingredients from the ziplock bag into the stockpot. Stir things around so that the chicken is completely submerged.
3) Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium low until it is just simmering, then cover, and set timer for 30 minutes.
4) Remove the pot cover, reset the timer for an additional 15 minutes, stir slightly, and let the chicken simmer.
5) The chicken should now be light brown and fork tender. Do not overcook; it should not be falling off the bone. Serve over rice, and drizzle sauce from stockpot over chicken and rice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (374g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 468 (61%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 52.1g||69 %|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 22.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 11.6g|
|Cholesterol 285.8mg||88 %|
|Sodium 1135.8mg||39 %|
|Potassium 740.8mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11.3g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.1g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 10.3g|
|Protein 59.5g||85 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 766
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.