1. Sauté onions and carrots in unsalted butter until onions are translucent. 3-4 minutes. Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds stirring.
2. Add chicken, salt, pepper. Stir to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes to get a little color on chicken.
3. Sprinkle flour over the chicken and veggies. Stir to coat everything and continue to cook 2-3 minutes to cook out floury taste.
4. Stir in the chicken stock and half-and-half and add crushed red pepper. Continue cooking 5-10 minutes frequently stirring.
5. Add Tortellini and cook to al dente. Refer to time on Tortellini package.
6. Sprinkle grated Parmesan cheese handful at a time until melted. Fresh grated will melt good. Stir soup while adding to give soup a consistent smooth consistency.
7. Add salt and pepper to tase as needed. Stir in spinach until wilted down.
8. Serve and enjoy.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (259g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 182 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 20.2g||27 %|
|Saturated Fat 10.2g||51 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 88.2mg||27 %|
|Sodium 320.1mg||11 %|
|Potassium 489.6mg||13 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.1g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.3g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 11.8g|
|Protein 19.3g||28 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 309
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.