1. In a small bowl cover mushrooms with warm water. Let soak for30 minutes. Rinse and squeeze mushrooms to drain thoroughly. Discard stems.Thinly slice mushrooms. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, cut chicken or turkey into1-inch pieces. Set aside.
3. For sauce, in a small bowl stir together coldwater, juice concentrate, soy sauce, cornstarch, ginger, cinnamon, and redpepper. Set aside.
4. Preheat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat.Add almonds; stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden. Remove almonds fromthe wok. Let wok cool.
5. Pour cooking oil into the cooled wok. (Add moreoil as necessary during cooking.) Add mushrooms, sweet peppers, and apples;stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until peppers and apples are crisp-tender. Removeapple mixture from the wok.
6. Add chicken or turkey to the hot wok; stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until no pink remains. Push chicken from the center of the wok.
7. Stir sauce. Add sauce to the center of the wok. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Return apple mixture to the wok. Stir all ingredients together to coat with sauce. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutesmore or until heated through. Stir in toasted almonds. Serve immediately overhot cooked brown rice.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe By: BHG.om
Nutritionfacts per serving: calories: 370 total fat: 11g saturated fat: 2g cholesterol:45mg sodium: 563mg carbohydrate: 48g protein: 22g
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (445g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 97 (15%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.8g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.1g|
|Cholesterol 48.7mg||15 %|
|Sodium 190.2mg||7 %|
|Potassium 997.8mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 108.6g||32 %|
|Dietary Fiber 7.9g||31 %|
|Sugars, other 100.7g|
|Protein 31.3g||45 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 653
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.