1. Heat the oven to 180 degrees and place the casserole dish in it to warm up.
2. Bring 2 inches of water to a boil in a saucepan with a steamer. 3. Rinse out the broccoli and break into large bite-sized florets. Place the broccoli florets in the steamer and steam for 5 minutes.
4. Roll out a long sheet of plastic wrap at least twice as long as the chicken breasts. Place a chicken breast on the plastic wrap, in the middle, add a dollop of butter and seasoning. Roll up the chicken in the plastic wrap tightly. Compress as much air out of the chicken as you can as you roll it. Once the chicken is rolled up, rotate it on your cutting board or counter several times to tighten the cylinder even more. Tie the loose ends of the plastic wrap together in a double knot. Repeat with the other chicken breasts.
5. Once the water has reached a high simmer, turn off the heat (keep the pot on the burner though) and drop the rolled-up chicken cylinders in the pot.
6. Cover the pot and let the chicken steep and broccoli steam for 20 minutes. The chicken and broccoli should be cooked through.
7. Prepare the cheese sauce according to the instructions.
8. Grate the parmesan cheese.
9. Place the chicken pieces and broccoli in the casserole dish and cover with the cheese sauce making sure that all the chicken and broccoli are covered in sauce. Season according to taste.
10. Sprinkle the parmesan cheese and then the bread crumbs over the mix.
11. Turn the oven onto high and crisp up the topping.
12. Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (676g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 503 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 55.8g||74 %|
|Saturated Fat 33.1g||166 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.1g|
|Cholesterol 346.3mg||107 %|
|Sodium 1243.9mg||43 %|
|Potassium 1419.7mg||37 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.4g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.1g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 15.3g|
|Protein 102.5g||146 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 997
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.