1. Heat a Dutch oven coated with cooking spray over med. high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 5 min. Stir in sherry and the next four ingredients (sherry through soup), and bring to boil. Add chicken pieces; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 mn. or until chicken is tender.
2. Remove chicken pieces from cooking liquid. Place chicken in a bowl, and chill 15 min.
3. Remove chicken from bones, and cut meat in to bite size pieces. Discard the bones. Add chicken to pan; stir in peas.
4. Combine water and cornstarch in a small bowl; stir with whisk. Add cornstarch mixture to pan; stir well.
5. To prepare dumplings, combine baking mix and milk. Drop the dough into chicken mixture to form 16 dumplings. Brin to a simmer; cook 20 min. stirring occasionally. Cover and cook for 10 min. or until the dumplings are done.
I use leftover chicken at times.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1337g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 356 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 39.6g||53 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.3g||56 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 15.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.6g|
|Cholesterol 170.8mg||53 %|
|Sodium 704mg||24 %|
|Potassium 1984.4mg||52 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 101.5g||30 %|
|Dietary Fiber 17.9g||72 %|
|Sugars, other 83.6g|
|Protein 55.2g||79 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 966
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.