1. Place the chicken, celery, onion, bay leaves, bouillon, and 1 tsp. House Seasoning in a large pot. Add 4 quarts of water and in water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Simmer the chicken until it is tender and the thigh juices run clear, about 40 minutes
3. Remove the chicken from the pot and, when it is cool enough to handle, remove the skin and separate the meat from the bones. Return the chicken meat to the pot. Keep warm over low heat.
1. Mix the flour with the salt and mound together in a mixing bowl. Beginning at the center of the mound, drizzle a small amount of ice water over the flour.
2. Using your fingers, and moving from the center to the sides of the bowl, gradually incorporate about 3/4 cup of ice water. Knead the dough and form it into ball
3. Dust a good amount of flour onto a clean work surface. Roll out the dough (it will be firm), working from center to 1/8-inch thick. Let the dough relax for several minutes.
4. Add the cream of celery soup to the pot with the chicken and simmer gently over medium-low heat.
5. Cut the dough into 1-inch pieces. Pull a piece in half and drop the halves into the simmering soup. Repeat. Do not stir the chicken once the dumplings have been added.
6. Gently move the pot in a circular motion so the dumplings become submerged and cook evenly. Cook until the dumplings float and are no longer doughy, 3 to 4 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1771g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 135 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15g||20 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.1g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 5.4g|
|Cholesterol 0.9mg||0 %|
|Sodium 333.2mg||11 %|
|Potassium 5187.5mg||137 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 444.9g||131 %|
|Dietary Fiber 100.3g||401 %|
|Sugars, other 344.5g|
|Protein 70.1g||100 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1947
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!