1. Make sure to quarter the button mushrooms, cut the chicken in small pieces about 1x1 cm in size. Peel the onion and garlic cloves and cut them finely.
2. Heat about half the butter in a deep pan. Add the onion and garlic and cook until the garlic is brown and the onion is see through. Then add the risotto rice (unwashed). Make sure to cook this for a little bit and coat it in the butter, onion and garlic mixture. Add extra butter of not all the rice is covered.
3. Once all the rice is covered in butter and has cooked for about a minute add about 100 ml of stock. Bring to the boil and then turn down the heat to let it simmer. Add the chicken and dried Italian spices. While stirring often let the stock reduce, once it's reduced add another 100 ml of the stock. Continue doing so until all the stock has been incorporated.
4. After the last portion of stock has been added add the mushrooms in.
5. Once the last portion of stock has been incorporated add about a table spoon of grated parmesan. And then it's ready to dish up. Split over two plates and sprinkle over some more Parmesan cheese.
Taste before you serve. Make sure to check the rice, if it's not fully cooked through add some more water or stock and let it simmer for a little longer.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (393g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 271 (38%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30.1g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 17.8g||89 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 162.8mg||50 %|
|Sodium 631.5mg||22 %|
|Potassium 891.1mg||23 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 56.4g||17 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||5 %|
|Sugars, other 55g|
|Protein 52.8g||75 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 712
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!