1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Trim ends off parsnip and peel. Cut into 1/2" dice. Halve any large butternut squash pieces to roughly match smaller pieces. Stem thyme and mince. Halve lemon. Juice one half and cut other half into wedges. Pat chicken dry, and season both sides with a pinch of salt and pepper.
2. Place garlic on a small piece of foil and top with 2 tsp. olive oil. Form a pouch around garlic and place garlic pouch in oven. Place butternut squash and parsnip in 8x8 baking dish and toss with 2 tsp. olive oil, seasoned salt, and thyme. Spread into a single layer and roast in hot oven, 10-12 minutes. While vegetables roast, cook chicken.
3. Place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat and add 1 tsp. olive oil. Add chicken to hot pan and cook until browned, 5 minutes per side. Remove from burner. Remove chicken to a plate and tent with foil. Wipe pan clean and reserve.
4. In separate pot, prepare cream sauce base. Melt butter in pot on low/medium low. Whisk in flour until there are no clumps try not to let it turn brown (about two minutes). Have milk microwaved until it is warm but not super hot and pour it slowly into the roux while whisking. Salt to taste.
5. Carefully, remove garlic pouch from baking sheet and remove garlic from foil. Mince garlic. Return pan used to cook chicken to medium-high heat. Add garlic, cream sauce base, 2 tsp. lemon juice, and cheese to hot pan. Bring to a simmer. Once simmering, stir occasionally until slightly thickened, 1-2 minutes. Remove from burner.
6. Remove roasted veggies from oven. Make space for chicken. Top chicken and veggies with cream sauce. To serve immediately, return to over for 5 minutes, until chicken internal temp to 165 degrees.
Defrost overnight. Cook at 400 degrees for 10-15 minutes until chicken is approaching 165 degrees.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (651g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 198 (31%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 12.2g||61 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.6g|
|Cholesterol 188.6mg||58 %|
|Sodium 336.8mg||12 %|
|Potassium 1565.5mg||41 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 49g||14 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.1g||32 %|
|Sugars, other 40.9g|
|Protein 65.3g||93 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 638
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!